- 6 slices of thick bread
- ¾ cup plant-based milk
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- 3 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- The best French toast is made with dry bread, so the slices don’t get super soggy when dipped into the egg mixture and fall apart. Buy a fresh loaf, slice it, and then let it dry out the day before.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and leave to thicken.
- Soak slices of bread in mixture and cook on both sides in a frypan until golden.
- Serve warm with the blueberry compote.
- Combine blueberries, water and lemon juice in a medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
Recipe from The Mobile Nutritionist. Photo by Elena Demyanko.